This training is designed to help identify all the important elements of a job, for developing workplace competencies for employees in technical and non-technical job positions, using task analysis process. Participants attending this training will acquire the knowledge and skills required to develop competencies for different job positions in their organization.
This training is very interactive and designed to be about 30% classroom teaching and 70% practices with several breakout sessions.
Who should attend?
- Operation and maintenance technicians /subject matter experts who are responsible for developing “Required Competencies” for the purpose of on-the-job training
- Technical training instructors involved in developing training curriculum and materials for the delivery of training programs
- Supervisors in technical and non-technical positions who will facilitate the development of competencies and are responsible for implementing the Competence Assurance process in their organization
What will be taught?
This training involves a series of group work and covers the following:
- Competence development overview
- Task analysis process
- Deriving tasks from competencies
- Task listing
- Performance standards
- Deriving performance standards (criteria) from competency tasks
- Task steps/actions development
- Developing the complete competence task card
- Task flowcharting
Competence Assessment segment:
Competence assessment is done as part of the individual and group practices in the class.
Three (3) days
$1,500 (USD) per participant.