This course is designed to help identify all the important elements of a job to facilitate correct and safe job performance,using the task analysis process. The task analysis process is used to develop competencies for technical and non-technical job positions. Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills required to develop competencies for different job positions in their organization.
This course is interactive and includes 30% classroom teaching and 70% practical with several break-out sessions.
Who should attend?
- Operation and maintenance technicians /subject matter experts who are responsible for developing “Required Competencies” for the purpose of on-the-job training
- Technical training instructors involved in developing training curriculum and materials for the delivery of training programs
- Supervisors in technical and non-technical positions who will facilitate the development of competencies and are responsible for implementing the Competence Assurance process in their organization
What will be taught?
This training involves a series of group work and covers the following:
- Competence development overview
- Task analysis process
- Deriving tasks from competencies
- Task listing
- Performance standards
- Deriving performance standards (criteria) from competency tasks
- Task steps/actions development
- Developing the complete competence task card
- Task flowcharting
Competence Assessment segment:
Competence assessment is done as part of the individual and group practices in the class.
Three (3) days
$1,500 (USD) per participant.