This course is designed to provide the required knowledge and skills for Competence Assessors to conduct effective competence assessment and follow- up documentations to qualify personnel as competent to perform tasks in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Who should attend?
Technical and non-technical supervisors and subject matter experts (SMEs) who are responsible for implementing workforce competence and conducting assessments to qualify employees on assigned competencies.
What will be taught?
The training course consists of the following modules and elements:
Module 1 – Introduction to Assessment
- Element 1.1 Introduction to competency assessment
- Element 1.2 Evidence of assessment
Module 2 – Carrying out the Assessment
- Element 2.1 Defining and agreeing to the assessment process
- Element 2.2 Evaluating evidence and making the assessment decision
Module 3 – Giving Feedback and Record Keeping
- Element 3.1 Giving candidate feedback on performance
- Element 3.2 Recording assessment decision
Each element comes with several individual and break-out practical exercises.
Competence Assessment Segment:
Participants will be required to conduct assessments on candidates, complete an assessment portfolio and submit it at the end of the workshop.
Three (3) days.
$1,800 (USD) per participant.
Workplace Competence Assessor Refresher Training
Two (2) days.
$1,500 (USD) per participant.