A conflict is a disagreement between two or more people that raises serious concerns requiring intervention.
The cause of conflicts can be from different views, different backgrounds, differences in personality, lack of understanding, or miscommunication. Most companies have formal procedures in dealing with conflicts between individuals but if you apply the informal conflict resolution system, most conflicts arising from inappropriate behaviour in the workplace can be resolved informally.
Using the informal conflict resolution system saves time and energy and reduces personal stress. It will help you resolve conflict at the lowest possible level.
The training material for this workshop will be customized to meet your organization’s standard of business conduct requirements.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and managers in technical or non-technical positions who are responsible for directing and supervising work activities of personnel in their teams.
The Informal Conflict Resolution course will cover the following:
- What is conflict?
- Types of conflict
- Styles of conflict management
- Communications skills
- Conflict resolution options
- Follow-through for performance
Participants will be able to:
- Clarify areas of agreement and disagreement
- Use effective communication skills to give and receive constructive feedback
- Achieve solutions that meet the needs of all parties involved in the conflict
- Adhere to organization’s standards of business conduct in the resolution of conflicts
Competence Assessment segment:
Competence assessment is done as part of the individual and group practices in the class.
Three (3) days