One of the attributes of a good supervisor is analytical capability – a critical function of a supervisor’s job. Analytical capability applies to employee performance as well as to equipment.
There are several analysis tools for identifying problems related to equipment but analyzing personnel performance is a bit more complex. Inadequate analysis can lead to inaccurate conclusions. The performance analysis process covered in this training will help you determine the underlying causes of poor performance and the difference between a performance discrepancy and a development problem.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and managers in technical or non-technical positions who have responsibility for the performance evaluation of personnel in their work groups.
Analyze Performance will cover the following:
- Performance discrepancy
- Performance problems
- Solution to performance problems
- Group practice and feedback
Participants will be able to:
- Manage employee performance
- Differentiate between a performance discrepancy and a development problem
- Define the discrepancy
- Determine whether the problem is worth solving
- Determine whether fast fixes can be applied
- Determine whether consequences are appropriate
- Determine whether there is a skill deficiency
- Identify other clues
- Develop an action plan to resolve the problem
Competence Assessment segment:
Competence assessment is done as part of the individual and group practices in the class.
Two (2) days.